Chondromalacia Patella (Patellofemoral Syndrome)
Chondromalacia patella facts
• Chondromalacia patella is one of the most common cause of chronic knee pain.
• Chondromalacia patella is also known as patellofemoral syndrome.
• The pain associated with chondromalacia patella is aggravated by activity or prolonged sitting with bent knees.
• Abnormal “tracking” allows the kneecap (patella) to grind over the lower end of the thighbone (femur), causing chronic inflammation and pain.
• Treatment involves improving the alignment of the patella during contraction of the thigh muscle.
What is chondromalacia patella?
Continue reading “Chondromalacia Patella”